Monday, September 2, 2013

Fresh, first ever, pesto

I recently received a bag full of fresh Thai basil from a mom at my sons football practice. My youngest son, 8, like his older brother, plays football and the parents during practice have become very close and friendly.

One of the mom's apparently has chickens (she has promised me fresh eggs soon) and a very robust herb garden. She gave me a bag full of rosemary and Thai basil which I promptly turned into a fresh basil pesto from a recipe I found at She Wears Many Hats. I have done several of Amy's recipes and have found them to be very easy to follow and delicious.

I will be trying this basil pesto on some farfalle. I will be looking for a unique recipe to try this pesto out on.

Be sure to check out Amy's site for the easy pesto recipe then find yourself a football mom with fresh basil.


No comments: