Saturday, July 20, 2013

The "With Love Apple Pie"

The pie came out GREAT!

Although it was rather difficult for a beginner, I managed to pull it off.

I made several mistakes, for example; I measured tablespoons of cinnamon instead of teaspoons, oops! And I mixed all the ingredients at the same time when I should have only added a few first then the rest, but oh well.

Here is proof I actually did bake an apple pie!

 Granny smith, Pink Ladies, and Fuji apples are the main actors here.

 Being careful to measure out the flour.

 Apples ready for swimming in cinnamon.

 Apple filling all covered in a cinnamon syrup.

 It is starting to look like a pie!

And walla! Huston, we got apple pie.
It tasted as good as it looks. Even though I went over board with the cinnamon and some ingredients were mixed out of sequence it all worked itself out in the end.

We enjoyed the desert right after we had dinner... Pesto Tortellini with bacon, cherry tomatoes and avocado. Can you say heaven.



Here is the link to the apple pie. Check out Joy the baker.
And here is the link to the tortellini,

See you next time.

No comments: